Get Set For Delhi’s Largest Transportation Hub: Bijwasan
November 28, 2016
Delhi is soon going to be ready with one of the largest transportation hub at Bijwasan. Being developed by the Indian Railway Station Development Corporation this upcoming world-class railway station at Bijwasan in Southwest Delhi will create the city’s biggest transportation hub integrating all modes of transport. Indian Railways and other civic agencies have prepared a plan to provide seamless connectivity between the railway station, upcoming metro corridor, IGI Airport and highways including Dwarka Expressway. It will also cater to Delhi’s second Diplomatic Enclave coming up in Dwarka.
The proposed world-class station at Bijwasan has been planned for 44 pairs of trains and 1.38 lakh passengers every day, covering trains bound for Rajasthan, Gujarat and Maharashtra. The expected catchment areas for this railway station includes Dwarka Expressway, Dwarka, Gurgaon, Delhi Cantonment and some parts of South Delhi. It will attract major traffic due to development of multiple facilities like ISBT, convention center, commercial development and extension of metro line to Gurgaon. The station will provide opportunity for transit exchange and facilitate exchange.
Facilities going to be offered by the hub include:
- Separate arrival and departure terminals like at airports
- Seamless integration of all modes of transport at the station
- Smooth access to the station through proper roads and para-transit services
- Provision of parking, pick and drop facilities and sufficient space for circulation
- Commercial exploitation of available space to optimize revenue collection
- Underground parking lot to accommodate 1000 cars
- Easy connectivity to the bus depot, taxi stand and metro network
- Waiting concourse located at the upper level of the platforms with amenities such as washrooms, ATMs, eateries and comfortable seating arrangements
Residential developments along Dwarka Expressway are surely going to going to get a huge boost with this added infrastructure. The development of the railway station will encourage facilities such as hotels, office spaces, commercial complexes etc. which will have huge economic benefits in terms of employment, reduction in pollution levels and improvement of overall living standards in the area.